Tuesday March 02, 2021
The gifts, fruit of the spirit and the flesh
“If I speak God’s word with power, revealing all His
mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to
a mountain, “jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing” I Corinthians
13:2 MSG
|
T |
he Bible quouted that Christ bestowed gifts to many when
He ascended up (Ephesians 4:8). Every born again Christian has a gift of the
spirit, thou the gifts may differ in function but every gift given to every man
is for the spiritual edification of God’s Church.
The moment you surrendered your life to Jesus and got
baptised, you will be bestowed a spiritual gift. In most cases the first gift
that is being manifested is the gift of speaking in tongues while some might be
given the gift of prophecy. Spiritual gifts are good and necessary for every
child of God to have however; spiritual gifts do not guarantee believers freedom
over the flesh. The word “flesh” in context means the human sinful nature. The
human sinful nature comprises of many worldly, wicked and ungodly characters.
The Bible made it known that it is possible for a person to have the gifts of
the spirit and also have hatred.
“If I speak God’s word with power, revealing all His
mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to
a mountain, “jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing” I Corinthians
13:2 MSG
Hatred is one of the works of the flesh, (Galatians
5:19-20). For you to live above the flesh and led by the Holy Spirit you must
have the fruit of the spirit. When you have the fruits of the spirit, it will
be impossible for you to fulfil the desires of the flesh.
“But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such
there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
You can’t have all the gifts of the spirit; however, you
can have one or more of the gifts. As a believer it is possible to have all the
fruits of the spirit.
Crave for the fruits of the spirit today so you can have
freedom over the works of the flesh.
Devotional prayer: Father, help me not to fulfil the desires of
the flesh but let me be led by the Holy-spirit always in Jesus Christ name
amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment