Christian daily supplements devotional

Wednesday, 3 March 2021

 Help the poor

“Blessed is He that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver Him in time of trouble.” Psalm 41:1 KJV

S

o many Christians are not spiritually conscious of helping the poor. While some do not know the blessings attached to helping the needy.  To every good or bad that is done to the poor, It reflects to Christ; meaning that to every good or bad done to the poor it is also done to Him.

“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in” Mathew 25: 35 NIV

“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me” Matthew 25:40 NIV

The popular story in the Bible, Lazarus and the rich man is a perfect depiction of today’s devotional. The story tells us that the rich man never gave it a thought to help Lazarus, the poor man at His gate. The rich man ended in hell after His death. Had it been that he helped Lazarus He will be saved.  

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,  I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ Matthew 25:41-43.

Dear reader, I believe you have been blessed this morning. Help the poor and God’s blessings will be multiplied in your life and He will deliver you in times of trouble just as He has promised in Psalm 41:1.

Devotional Prayer: Lord, give me the grace to help the poor in Jesus Christ name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment